Thursday, 13 October 2011
Consecutive Holidays
There are 15 holidays in Japan. I like holiday, especially consecutive holidays. Japan has consecutive holidays in May. This holidays are said "Golden Week" by Japanese people. These consecutive holidays are long more three straight holidays, because May 3 is Constitution Memorial Day, May 4 is Greenery Day and May 5 is Children's Day, and there are weekend. So sometimes Golden Week become about 7 straight holidays. Therefore, a lot of people go to trip in Golden Week; however, various things prices are very expensive in Golden Week, for example, hotel, airplane ticket, amusement park and so on. In conclusion, these holidays are very great for Japanese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I lived in Japan, I remember that I never traveled during Golden Week - it was way too busy! It must be like Christmas/New Year's season in Canada.
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
These holidays are called "Golden Week" by Japanese people.
Therefore, a lot of people go on trips during Golden Week; however, ...